Thorough brainstorming, research and understanding of your overall marketing strategy is key to clarifying and expressing the true purpose of your display. Whether you have an existing booth or are working with a display house to build a new one it is crucial for your team to understand why you are spending valuable budget dollars to exhibit at trade shows.
A quick review of common trade show objectives will help you and your builder craft that perfect booth to accomplish your marketing goals.
Trade Show Objective #1: New Service or Product Launch
- What visual approaches will you use?
- Are you providing product demonstrations or video presentations?
- Are the benefits and marked differences from competitors clearly outlined?
- Will there be samples or free trials offered?
- Will you have any special requirements like refrigeration, running water or a heavy-duty power supply?
Trade Show Objective #2: Lead/Prospect Generation
- What is drawing new attendees into your booth?
- Have you updated your graphics with eye catching images?
- What is the “hook” to get people to step into the display? Are you using new technology to grab attention?
- Did you send out pre-show invites providing attendees an incentive to visit your booth?
- Was social media, targeted PPC, the show website and other digital avenues used to raise awareness of your presence?
Trade Show Objective #3: Building Brand Awareness
- Is your brand consistent throughout your entire marketing platform, from your web site to your promotional items to your display?
- Will you send out a post-show mailer that further emphasizes your brand?
- How are you creating a memorable brand experience?
- What is the overall impression you want visitors to leave with?
- Can you stand out from your next-door neighbors?
Trade Show Objective #4: Entering a New Market
- What sets you apart from existing companies in this market?
- Does your trade show exhibit clearly and easily explain who you are and what you do?
- What pre-show research have you done on your competitors’ marketing initiatives?
- Why are you the best?
Trade Show Objective #5: Retaining Current Customers
- How do you thank your current customers when they stop by your booth?
- Do you have high-level giveaways that show them they are appreciated?
- Have you set up a hospitality event at the show to further encourage their business?
Trade Show Objective #6: Recruiting New Employees
- Who is staffing your booth?
- Are they excited and energized about the company?
- Do they offer a wealth of information and experience?
- Have you put yourself into a potential employees shoes and considered why they would want to join your organization?
Envisioning an attractive and attention-grabbing display is only a piece of the trade show success puzzle. Thoroughly identify your goals and how you will measure your ROI and ROO and then discuss them with your trade show display house. They will be able to create a booth design that is functional as well as attractive.