The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show is a global marketplace for automotive aftermarket parts and accessories, specialty equipment, performance, off-road, racing, restyling, light truck, power sports, collision repair and refinish, mobile electronics and general automotive markets.
Exhibitors at this show promote the industry and facilitate the exchange of information about new products, marketing concepts and techniques. It’s the premier automotive specialty products trade show event in the world, held annually. This year’s show will be November 4-7, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC).
SEMA is not open to the public; it’s an industry-only trade show. In order to qualify to exhibit in a section, a minimum of 75% of the product on display in the exhibit and the marketing materials must be specific to the market segment for that section. To attend you must provide the show management with two forms of proof that you are in the automotive industry. There were 2,380 exhibitors and 140,000 attendees at the 2013 show, which also drew in more than 60,000 domestic and international buyers. In fact, 57% of attendees make the buying decisions for their company.
The SEMA Show is divided into 12 sections: Business Services, Collision Repair & Refinish, Global Tire Expo Powered by TIA, Hot Rod Alley, Mobile Electronics & Technology, Power Sports & Utility Vehicles, Racing & Performance, Restoration Marketplace, Restyling & Car Care Accessories, Tools & Equipment, Trucks, SUVs & Off-Road, and Wheels & Accessories. These fill over 1 million square feet of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Exhibits will feature over 2,000 new parts, tools and various automotive components. There are also many educational opportunities to take advantage of if you are exhibiting or attending SEMA — technical workshops, product demonstrations, and much more.
Additional logistical information about SEMA
- No one under 16 is allowed on the show floor, with no exceptions!
- Noise coming from your booth cannot exceed 85 decibels.
- Exhibitors cannot sell products directly on the show floor, unless you get prior written approval from show management.
- Members of SEMA and TIA get a discount.
- The attire is business casual. Bathing suites, thongs, lingerie, short skirts, painted bodies and transparent clothing is prohibited.
About the Las Vegas Convention Center
The Las Vegas Convention Center is one of the most modern and functional facilities in the world — a 3.2 million square foot facility located within a short distance of more than 100,000 guest rooms. Operated by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), the center is well known among industry professionals for its versatility. In addition to approximately two million square feet of exhibit space, there are 144 meeting rooms. The Las Vegas Convention Center is also known as the World Trade Center Las Vegas — a designation in partnership with the Consumer Electronics Association and through a license with the World Trade Center Association.
Additional logistical information about the LVCC
- It will cost $10 per day to park; however the show does offer a complimentary shuttle between the LVCC and most of the official show hotel partners.
- Free wireless Internet access is available in all common lobby areas in the convention center, in Lucky’s restaurant in the Grand Lobby, and in the Aces Restaurant in the South Hall.
- ARAMARK Food and Beverage will be providing complete food and beverage service. Two restaurants — Lucky’s with seating for over 700 and Aces with seating for 650; 18 permanent concession stands, portable snack bars and group meal function space for unlimited numbers.
- There is a FedEx Office Business center on site.
- Las Vegas is a union state, so make sure you hire an experienced professional labor team, like Apple Rock, who understands the laws.
SEMA is a huge show for Apple Rock; we have multiple clients that attend it annually. So, if you are planning to exhibit in a show at the LVCC or want to exhibit in SEMA, contact us today to see how we can improve your presence, increase your ROI and turn you company into a qualified #leadschamp.