We have all been there at some point or another in our lives, heartbroken because it’s time to move on from a current partnership, whether it is a personal or professional relationship. So how do you know it’s time to leave your current exhibit display house? You have to ask yourself some tough questions while being completely honest at the same time.
- Are your needs being met and exceeded by your current exhibit house?
- Do you feel as if you are a small fish in a large pond?
- Is this relationship still mutually beneficial?
- Has the company changed leadership or common practices that you don’t agree with?
- Are their business ethics in line with yours?
- Do you trust that they have your best interest at heart or is their bottom line most important?
- Do they continue to help make your event marketing program successful?
- Are they helping you increase leads and sales?
There are many more questions you could ask to determine if your current exhibit house relationship is still the right choice for your company, however there’s no need to continue if you said no to one or more of these questions.
Just like any separation in life it can be a difficult time full of questions that you simply don’t know how to answer and the need to make tough decisions about the future of your event marketing program. So what’s the best way to make the split as painless as possible?
Of course it’s always easier said than done but the following tips should help make it easier.
- First, you have to find and interview new display houses that fit your predetermined criteria. Then pick one.
- Once you have a new display house, you have to do the physical ‘breaking-up’ with your old display house. Before you disclose the fact that you are leaving, you need to make sure you have the following items.
- Database of historical costs
- Copies of your up-to-date inventory list, all designs, color schemes, etc.
- Communicate the move internally before telling your current exhibit house that it’s over.
- Clearly outline your expectations of the separation. This will make it easier on all parties involved.
- Ask your new exhibit house for help in making sure all of your inventory arrives at the desired destination.
Breakups are hard, but Apple Rock makes it easier. If you are in the market for a new display house, contact us today so that we can show you that we would be the best fit for you company. We offer many amenities that other full-service exhibit houses don’t with excellent customer service, award-winning designs and backed by the longest warranty in the industry.